Why you should Consider Using a Cross Trainer to Workout
If you haven’t heard of a cross trainer before, then you probably will have at least seen one if you have visited a gym in the last few years. Closely resembling an exercise bike with no seat, a cross trainer is a great way of working out. It allows you to get a full body workout so that you can maximise the results, whether your aim is to build muscle or lose weight.
If you haven’t used a cross trainer, then you might be interested to learn about the different benefits that this exercise machine can offer you. There are actually a lot of advantages that come with using a cross trainer to help you work out.
Benefits of Using a Cross Trainer for Exercise
As mentioned above, there are a lot of ways in which you can benefit from using a cross trainer to help you work out. Here are a couple of them to give you a better idea.
- Great for weight loss – Out of all of the benefits that come with using a cross trainer for exercise is the fact that they are great for helping to lose weight. These types of machines are perfect for High Intensity Interval Training, meaning that you are able to burn a large amount of calories in a short amount of time. If you have struggled to lose weight in the past, then a cross trainer might be just what you are looking for.
- Brilliant for muscle toning – If you are not exercising with the aim of losing weight, then you are probably interested in building muscle tone. There are a number of weight machines that will allow you to do this. However, the good thing about a cross trainer is that you can tone multiple areas at the same time by using the one machine. With a cross trainer you can actually tone your buttocks, thighs, calves, biceps and triceps.
- Great cardio work out – There are plenty of different exercise machines that will give you a good cardio work out. The treadmill, for example, is highly effective. However, the majority of these types of fitness machines is that they only work certain muscle groups. If you want to have a good cardio work out, but use multiple muscle groups at the same time, then your solution is definitely a cross trainer.
Some Work Out Tips for Beginners Using a Cross Trainer
If you haven’t used a cross trainer before, then it is highly likely that you will want to learn some tips to help you get the most out of your work out. Here are a few tips for all beginners to keep in mind.
- Warm up – This is absolutely essential, no matter what equipment you are going to be using. If you want your work out to be effective, then you definitely need to warm up before even attempting to use your cross trainer. Do some simple stretches of all of your muscles and some jogging on the spot to get your heart rate up a little. You will also need to do this after your work out to cool down.
- Always have water – Working out is only going to benefit you if you make sure that you do it in a safe manner. When you are using your cross trainer, it is vital that you have a bottle of water within reach. There is nothing worse than working out whilst being dehydrated. The end result will leave you feeling terrible and probably put you off using your cross trainer ever again.
- Set the resistance – When it comes to setting the resistance on your cross trainer, you need to be sensible. If you have the resistance too low, then your body is not going to be getting a good work out. However, if you have it set too high, then you are going to be pushing yourself too much and will strain your muscles. See what feels right for your body to make sure that you get it right. Don’t forget, you can always increase the resistance as your fitness increases.
By following these tips, you can make sure that you get the best results possible from your work outs with your cross trainer. These pieces of gym equipment can be highly beneficial, whether you are a beginner to fitness or an expert. As long as you plan your work outs properly and you follow all of the safety precautions, then you should be able to make sure that you get the best results out of your cross trainer. If you go about it in the right way, then you can make sure that every muscle group gets a workout and you feel that you have exercised properly.