Top Premium To Budget Elliptical Machines In Todays Market
Short On Time?
The Best Cross Trainer For Your Money Is The Bluefin CURV 3.0!
- INTEGRATED SMARTPHONE KINOMAP APP: The Curv Elliptical range is compatible with the Kinomap fitness app - featuring thousands of training videos from around the world, coaching & training classes & structured workouts. Join the Kinomap community today!
- WHISPER QUIET FLUID MOTION: The heavy duty 14kg flywheel & silent drive system are completely self-powering & includes a safe magnetic braking facility that allows you to come to a halt with total ease.
- IN-BUILT TRAINING PROGRAMS: The cross-trainer computer is pre-loaded with 12 x automatic programs to choose from + 16 x manual levels of resistance. Stroll at pace, or step things up a notch & simulate cross-country sprints.
- LOW IMPACT, HIGH-INTENSITY: The Curv Elliptical Cross Trainer is a fantastic alternative to a traditional exercise bike & offers a low impact cardio exercise that is kind on your joints & full of great health benefits.
- LCD DISPLAY: Measure time, distance, calories burned & pulse rate on the backlit multifunctional LCD display. Push yourself even more & work towards targets to achieve your fitness goals.
Last updated on
- 1 Top Premium To Budget Elliptical Machines In Todays Market
- 1.1 Bluefin CURV 3.0 – The Most Robust & Well Built – Our Pick!
- 1.2 JTX Zenith – The Most Robust & Well Built – Our Pick!
- 1.3 JTX Tri-Fit Review – Best Under £1000
- 1.4 JTX Strider-X7 Review – Best Value For Money
- 1.5 Hammer Crosstech XTR Review – Best Under £500
- 1.6 The Hammer Crosstech XTR Review
- 1.7 JLL CT300 Review – Best Under £300
- 1.8 The JLL CT300 Review
- 1.9 Pro XS Sports Review – Best Budget Cross Trainer
- 1.10 The Pro XS Sports Review
- 1.11 Maxi Glider 360 Review – Best Folding Cross Trainer
- 1.12 The Maxi Glider 360 Review
— UPDATED FOR STAY-AT-HOME! —
Bluefin CURV 3.0 – The Most Robust & Well Built – Our Pick!
The below may be currently out of stock.
JTX Zenith – The Most Robust & Well Built – Our Pick!
Features: 17kg Flywheel – 16 Levels of Magnetic Resistance – 19 Workout Programs – Adjustable Stride – 165kg Maximum User Weight – 1.9 m x 87 cm x 1.73 m – 86kg – 3 Year Warranty
- The parts to this cross trainer are all made out of very high quality materials.
- Assembling the machine is very quick and easy to do.
- It is the perfect machine for those with health problems because it is easy on the joints.
- There are a range of different programs to choose from.
- The machine itself is quite heavy.
The full JTX Zenith Review Here.
The JTX Zenith
When we were searching for the best cross trainers on the market, we wanted to make sure that we included a model that was not only robust but also very well built. As we already knew that JTX was a reputable brand, it was no surprise to us that we chose the JTX Zenith as our best cross trainer in the UK.
Incredibly Well Made Machine
To start off with, the one thing that was immediately noticeable was how well made this cross trainer is. It is made from some incredibly high quality materials that have definitely been built to last.
When it came to the assembly process, we are pleased to report that it was very easy indeed. It took us under an hour to get everything put together and ready to use.
The first thing that really stood out to us was how easy this cross trainer is on the joints. We didn’t notice any pain or discomfort when using it at all. The adjustable stride is perfect for increasing difficulty too.
Great for a Full Body Workout
There are a range of different built in workout programs to choose from, which along with the 16 levels of magnetic resistance made getting a thorough full body workout no trouble at all.
The only downside with this cross trainer is that it is quite heavy, so if you are going to need to move it from room to room then this might be a problem. If you want something that is very robust, then this is the machine for you.
It’s no wonder why this has ticked all our boxes as the best cross trainer!
JTX Tri-Fit Review – Best Under £1000
Features: 17kg Flywheel – 16 Levels of Silent Magnetic Resistance – 19 Workout Programs – Adjustable Stride – 150kg Maximum User Weight – 153 x 75 x 173 cm – 75kg – 2 Year Warranty
- Assembling the JTX Tri-Fit is very easy for one person to do.
- It is very simple to adjust the stride for each user.
- There are plenty of programs to choose from to get the best workout.
- It feels smooth to use and is very quiet.
- It is fairly slimline so it fits into smaller rooms.
- The user manual could do with a little more detail.
The full JTX Tri-Fit Review here.
The JTX Tri-Fit
The cross trainer that we have chosen as the best cross trainer under £1000 is the JTX Tri-Fit. If you have looked into home exercise equipment before then you will have probably already come across this brand and know that they are very reputable.
To start with, we decided to take a good look at the overall design of this cross trainer. We have to say that actually, we were really impressed by the quality, especially given that this is a fairly mid-range model. Once we had taken a look at all of the parts, it was time to put the cross trainer together.
Incredibly Easy Assembly
Before we started we were a little concerned that this might take a long time. However, it took just one person under an hour to get the trainer fully assembled so that it was ready to use.
The first thing that we wanted to do was to adjust the stride. We found that this was incredibly simple and we were able to adjust it for each person according to their height.
We took a look at some of the built in programs that this cross trainer has to offer and we were really pleased with the versatility. There are 19 programs to choose from and the trainer is programmable for customised workouts too.
A Very Quiet Workout
There are 16 levels of silent magnetic resistance with this cross trainer and we found that the higher levels really did give us a full body workout. When the trainer is in use, we found that it was actually surprisingly quiet.
The only downside with this one is that we felt that the instruction manual could have done with a little more detail to make things more user friendly. However, there are plenty of resources online that will help you to get the most out of this machine.
One of the things that we really liked about the JTX Tri-Fit is that it is very sleek and compact; we were able to store it in a small room with no problems at all. If you have a budget of £1000 and you want the next best cross trainer then this is definitely one to consider.
JTX Strider-X7 Review – Best Value For Money
Features: 12.5kg Flywheel – 16 Levels of Magnetic Resistance – 21 Workout Programs – 130kg Maximum User Weight – 1.3 m x 70 cm x 1.7 m – 54kg – 5 Year Frame Warranty
- This cross trainer is very lightweight and portable.
- The assembly process is no trouble at all.
- There are plenty of different workout programs to choose from.
- The maximum user weight is significantly lower than most other options.
- There is no adjustable stride option.
Read the full JTX Strider-X7 Review here.
The JTX Strider-X7
When it comes to buying home exercise equipment, the one thing that you will notice is that quite a lot of the options are rather expensive. However, if we have chosen what we think is the cross trainer that offers the best value for money. The model that we have chosen is the JTX Strider-X7.
To start off with, the one thing that we did notice with this one is that it is a lot smaller in most ways that the majority of the more popular cross trainers on the market right now. The flywheel itself is only 12.5kg, which is significantly less powerful.
Fantastic Choice of Built In Programs
When it came to the assembly process it was no different to the previous two JTX cross trainers that we have spoken about; it didn’t take us long at all to get the machine properly put together and we had no difficulties at all.
One of the things that we really liked about the JTX Strider-X7 is that it has a huge 21 different programs to choose from. We found this really helpful for finding the right workout for each of us personally. The one thing that is lacking with this trainer is an adjustable stride, which is a shame.
Another drawback is that the maximum user weight is set at 130kg which is significantly lower than most of the other more popular cross trainers on the market right now. However, if you want to get good value for money then this one is definitely worth considering.
Hammer Crosstech XTR Review – Best Under £500
Features: 16kg Flywheel – 16 Levels of Resistance – 16 Workout Programs – 130kg Maximum User Weight – 123 x 54 x 156 cm – 42.5kg – 2 Year Warranty
- Each component to this cross trainer feels heavy and well made.
- Putting together all of the components is very easy.
- The workout programs are great for gradually building fitness.
- There is no adjustable stride.
- The cross trainer tends to squeak a little after frequent use.
Check out the full Hammer Crosstech XTR Review here.
The Hammer Crosstech XTR Review
We know that some people will have a set budget that they need to stick to when buying a cross trainer, which is why we wanted to choose one that was under £500. The machine that we chose was the Hammer Crosstech XTR.
Easy to Follow Instructions
We were very pleased to find that the instruction manual was concise and easy to follow; we had the cross trainer put together in no time at all. Once it was all properly assembled, we were ready to test it out.
One of the things that we really liked with this one is the fact that the built in programs really allow you to gradually built your fitness levels rather than chucking you in at the deep end. We felt that it would be suitable for people of all fitness levels.
However, much like the previous cross trainer that we reviewed, this one doesn’t have an adjustable stride which may be an issue for some people. The other drawback that we noticed was that after frequent use there is a bit of a squeaking noise.
Apart from those two drawbacks, we still feel that this is a cross trainer to bear in mind if you have a budget of £500 and you want to make sure that you stick to it.
JLL CT300 Review – Best Under £300
Features: 5.5kg Flywheel – 8 Levels of Resistance – 120 x 61 x 167 cm – 35.9kg
- This cross trainer is very easy to assemble and doesn’t take long at all.
- There are 8 levels of resistance which allow you to build stamina.
- There are anti-slip pedals which are very useful.
- Heart rate monitors on the handlebars are very accurate.
- This machine is very basic.
- There aren’t any built in programs.
Check out our full JLL CT300 Review here.
The JLL CT300 Review
If you have already looked into buying equipment for your home gym then another brand that you are very likely to have come across is JLL. This brand is well-known for their budget equipment and we have to say that we were really pleased with their cross trainer.
First of all, we took a look at all of the parts for the cross trainer before we began the assembly process. The one thing that was immediately noticeable was the fact that this machine is significantly smaller than most of the others that we have tested and reviewed.
Assembling this cross trainer was no problem at all and it only took us around an hour to get it all put together. The first design feature that we really liked was the addition of anti-slip pedals. They made using the machine a much more pleasant experience.
Monitor your Heart Rate
Another feature that impressed us was the heart rate monitors which are built into the handlebars. We found that they were really sensitive and very accurate. There are, of course, a few downsides that are worth mentioning.
First of all there is the fact that there aren’t any built in programs which lets the cross trainer down a little. As well as this there is also the fact that this is a very basic cross trainer so it won’t be suitable for those who are already super fit.
Pro XS Sports Review – Best Budget Cross Trainer
Features: Adjustable Flywheel – Adjustable Levels of Resistance – 110kg Maximum User Weight – 99 x 23 x 66 cm – 29kg
- Assembly is not difficult or time consuming at all.
- The levels of resistance are easily adjustable.
- There are multiple monitoring functions.
- The cross trainer is very small.
- The maximum user weight is really low at only 110kg.
Read our full Pro XS Sports Trainer review here.
If you know that you don’t want to spend a fortune on a cross trainer but you don’t have a budget in mind, then you will definitely be interested in hearing about what we consider to be the best budget cross trainer.
First of all, we had a quick look at all of the different parts to the cross trainer. We didn’t have an complaints at all about the quality of materials that were used. Assembling the machine was not difficult at all and really didn’t take us very long to do.
Easy to Adjust Resistance
One of the things that we really liked with the Pro XS Sports is that the levels of resistance are easily adjustable. Although there are only 8 levels, we still found that this was sufficient enough to be able to push ourselves with our workouts.
There are a couple of downsides that are worth noting. First of all there is the fact that the cross trainer is very small. However, this is good for space saving purposes. The other issue is that the maximum user weight is set at 110kg. However, we would definitely recommend this as the best budget cross trainer just not quite the overall best cross trainer.
Maxi Glider 360 Review – Best Folding Cross Trainer
Features: 4 Levels of Resistance – 110kg Maximum User Weight – 20.7kg
- This cross trainer has a unique design.
- 4 different movement types allow you to target 10 muscle groups.
- It is foldable so perfect for those lacking space.
- There are only 4 levels of resistance.
- The maximum user weight is quite low.
The Maxi Glider 360 Review
Obviously, whilst all of us would like a gym at home, some of us simply don’t have the space to do so. If this is the case for you, then a folding cross trainer is just what you need. The machine that we have chosen as the best foldable cross trainer is the Maxi Glider 360.
Read the full Maxi Glider 360 Review here.
The main thing that really caught our eye with this one is the unique design. It is unlike any other cross trainer that we had seen before. To start off with, the assembly is as basic as it gets. It took us no time at all to get everything set up and ready to go.
Unique Types of Movement
What we really liked about this one is that you are able to do four different types of movements which allow you to target 10 different muscle groups. We found this very beneficial for toning problem areas.
The fact that it is foldable is the real selling point with the Maxi Glider 360 as it makes it perfect for using in small spaces. However, there were some things that we didn’t like too.
First of all, there is the fact that there are only 4 levels of resistance with this cross trainer. This makes progressing with your fitness levels quite difficult. The other problem is that the maximum user weight is quite low at only 110kg. However, for something basic and foldable this is a great choice.
We hope that after reading through our reviews you will find it much easier to find the right cross trainer for your needs personally. Any of the machines above would be a fantastic choice.
To help you choose the right cross trainer for you, these tips should help you choose the right one for your budget, you, and your family.
First and foremost, you need to sort out which type of cross trainer you would like to invest in. There are a few different kinds that specialise in either certain movements or certain resistance capabilities.
Depending on what you’re looking for in your cross trainer workout, you should choose the type that helps you get closest to your fitness goals.