Viavito's Sina Cross Trainer is one of the more affordable trainers we've tested out of them all, but we found ourselves pleasantly surprised by the quality and general functionality. Cross trainers are a great way to incorporate a full body, intensive workout into your fitness regime, but when searching for the best products, it is important to consider ease and smoothness of use (put less pressure on your joints), clunkiness (should be as silent as possible) and compact, depending on the desired location. Read on to find out about our rating for this Elliptical machine. For a quick read on the item specifications and overall comments, jump to 1.1 and 3.
- Comfortable and Safe: The main winning feature, we'd say, about this cross trainer is how comfortable it is to use! The design features large, highly comfortable footplates as well as the option to alternate between fixed and moving handlebars- the former helping you work your core to the max while the latter helps give you a sweat-inducing, fat burning full body workout. There is an optional chest strap attachment for this machine too, if you prefer to use it.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: We absolutely love the sleek, spaceship style design of this elliptical trainer. The accent red strokes reduce the monotone feel, but we love the uniformity of the overall design. This simplistic design makes it suitable for home and professional gym use.
- Personalisable: We love how, compared to most other ellipticals on the market, this one allows you to store up to 4 user profiles, making it ideal for home use rather than commercial use. The benefit of using user profiles is the enhanced accuracy of workouts obtained by use of this machine.
- Your very own Personal Trainer: Built into the software of this trainer are 20 pre-set programmes to help you target problematic areas and reach your fitness goals faster than ever before! We love the variety of workouts, helping you target stubborn inner thigh fat, muffin tops, flabby arms, saggy back fat and other trouble areas.
- Live Performance Feedback: Before, during and after- you'll always be kept up-to-date with your calorie burn, heart rate and timing with this cross trainer. There is a beautiful dual-colour backlit LCD display which retrieves information from the hand-pulse sensors, relaying it and feeding it into the software, so it can show you your live, exact heart rate.
- Decent Size: The dimensions of this cross trainer are fairly compact compared to most other cross trainers we've tried, at: 132cm x 55cm x 170cm. The stride length is 38cm (15"), which is smaller than many other crosstrainers we've tried. The largest stride length we've tried is 22", check out our other reviews to explore other cross trainers. While compact, this cross trainer can also carry a maximum user weight of 120kg (18.9 stone)!
- Magnetic Resistance Technology: This trainer uses an innovative way of working, with 32 levels of AI controlled magnetic resistance! This machine is truly a show of the advancements in technology.
- 2 Year Warranty: Warranty 2 years parts and labour included
Dimensions (LWH): 132cm x 55cm x 170cm
Warranty: 2 Years (parts and labour)
Max User Weight: 120kg (18.9 stone)
Flywheel: 9kg (19.8lbs)
Stride Length: 15" (38cm)
Resistance: 32 Levels, magnetic technology
Item Weight: 47kg
Shipping Weight: 51kg
With purchase you get one Viavito Elliptical cross trainer, which is built in with everything you need. It has all the programmes pre-set in the software, no further installations required. Other chest straps such as Polar T31 uncoded ones are compatible, so feel free to switch up what you use. You get a fairly compact machine at a reasonable price. We didn't find installation difficult either.
We tested this trainer out and collated the best characteristics and winning features into the list below- the main strength points of this trainer:
- Quiet: There are other models which are whisper-quiet, but we definitely noticed how silent this elliptical is for it's size and robustness. Many other cross trainers we have tried and tested in the past just don't seem to cut it when it comes to noise reduction and silence of movement. This particular quality is achieved by the build quality, materials used and the build of the flywheel. This component is often one of those specifications on cross trainers that leaves newbies thinking "huh?". The flywheel is one of the main components of smooth movement. We have reviewed many cross trainers on our website, so do feel free to check that out and find any other cross trainers with similar quietness and smoothness of use.
- Sturdy: This trainer is nowhere near as clunky as some we've tried. If assembled correctly, you'll have ease of use and ultimate smoothness every time you hop on. We have tried some questionable and rather dodgy training machines, luckily, this one is great and definitely safe. We suggest your children always remain away as machines are generally dangerous, but in terms of your personal safety, this cross trainer is a reliable piece of equipment perfect for home and gym use.
- Value for Money: We can definitely vouch for this trainer being great value for money. You get an incredibly sturdy, bespoke yet versatile, attractive and well-rounded product which is perfect for any environment you choose to keep it in. There's just a whole lot of quality and great functionality packed into this machine that we promise you will not be left regretting your purchase- face it, it's an investment!
- Lasting Purchase: This is something we definitely have to point out; while you can easily get a machine at a cheaper price tag, you'll likely have to bin it and find a new machine very soon. This one, however, is able to last you much longer making it a timeless purchase
- Assembly can be Fiddly: We've done a lot of work putting these machines together, so we are quite clued on when it comes to small parts and where to use certain tools. For someone's first buy, this can get tricky- so you should ideally get someone to assemble this machine for you.
As this is one of the less expensive models of elliptical trainers on the market, there are some downsides which befall. After prolonged use, we found that this trainer becomes slightly squeaky, which isn't much of an issue but it is an indicator of the difference in quality between this and a higher-end model of cross trainers. We also found that the calorie count can be slightly off sometimes, but we suggest you try keep your hands on the pulse sensors throughout your workout for maximum accuracy.
The Final Verdict
We asked a few of our team members to test this cross trainer out- read on to hear about James' (24), Cassie's (32) and Devon's (48) reviews on the Viavito Sina Elliptical machine.
James: "I really like how smooth it feels when I use this trainer, it's a lot like the one I use at gym actually. It's pretty quiet too. I'd say it's good for the price you pay, but I prefer using heavier, industrial style professional gym machines- personal preference really."
Cassie: "Wow, haha, that really get's you sweating, my gosh. I'd actually buy this for my home to be honest, it's compact compared to machines I've been in public gyms, and it's pretty silent too! It's a win for me. The only thing that sort of puts me off is the complicated assembly of it, I don't think I'd be able to do that myself, nor would my husband be bothered! But generally, yeah, this seems like a really nice machine to use and I'd be more than happy to train on this."
Devon: "I'm more of an outdoor person when it comes to workouts actually, I'm not a fan of these gym machines. However, after using this, I'm definitely sweating as much as I do when I do my intensive outdoor regimes- phew! I quite like how it looks too, it's nice and sleek and compact. I'd personally not buy it because I'm just an outdoor-hike-jog type of guy, but I'd recommend it to my gym friends. They'd definitely like this one."
Our ratings on this product:
Value for Money: 9/10
Viavito Sina Elliptical Cross Trainer - Black
- Flywheel: 9kg (19.8lbs) for Fluid Motion; 32 Levels of Computer Controlled Magnetic Resistance;
- Stride Length: 38cm (15"); 4 User Profiles; 20 Programmes to Help you Reach Goals Faster;
- Large, Comfortable Footplates; Dual Colour Backlit LCD Display; 4 User Profiles For Better Accuracy
- Metric & Imperial Swtich MPH/KPH; Wirelss Heart Rate Receiver (chest strap sold separately)
- Dimensions LWH:132 x 55 x170cm; Warranty 2 years parts & labour; Max User Weight120kg (18.9 stone)